    I have had my board for a couple years and didn't know there was an EFI
    Bios upgrade for it. Has anyone upgraded their unit to efi? Is here any
    benefit to upgrading or problems? Thank you.

    me, Dec 20, 2011

  2. As far as I know you need a 64 Bit OS (Windows) for EFI.
    It should work then.

    Fritz

    Friedrich Wuelfing, Dec 20, 2011

  3. me

    me Guest

    Thank you for the reply. I am using XP X64 but would like to know if it is
    worth it to upgrade or "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I have heard that
    EFI will allow larger hard drives.

    me, Dec 21, 2011
  4. me

    Anssi Saari Guest

    Larger bootable drives, true. Over 2 TiB drives will use the new GUID
    partition table. Booting a disk like that with a BIOS is not a supported
    configuration for Windows and even with EFI you need 64-bit Vista SP1 or
    7 (or server 2008).

    I don't think I'll be installing this EFI on my P5Q Deluxe. From the
    comments on Asus forums it seems fairly buggy and not even close to
    finished.

    Anssi Saari, Dec 22, 2011