    Seems tb 3-pin and there's nothing coming out of the power supply
    like that.

    Could that be the issue?

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 14, 2009

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    RobV Guest

    No, that would have nothing to do with your problem. It would be a
    problem if you didn't have the CPU fan connected to the CPU Fan header.

    When you mounted the new MB, are you sure you used only standoffs needed
    for the new MB: I.E., make sure there is no standoff from the old MB
    installed in a position which may be shorting out the new MB. Standoffs
    should only be mounted where the MB has the holes surrounded by solder
    to provide mounting support and good grounding.

    RobV, Feb 14, 2009

  3. Per RobV:
    Ladeeeeze and Gennnnlemun! We have a winnah!!!!

    Rogue standoff.

    Pigs were going to fly before Yours Truly ever thought of that
    one.

    Thanks!!!!

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 15, 2009
  4. (PeteCresswell)

    RobV Guest

    You're welcome!
    Hey, got it in one! ;-)
    Glad it was as simple as that and that it did no damage.

    RobV, Feb 15, 2009
  5. Per RobV:
    Yeah... I was kind of holding my breath on that first power-up.

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 15, 2009