p5q turbo trouble

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jaapi, Jul 23, 2009.

1. jaapi

jaapi

Hi,

I recently set up a new system

- antec sonata III with 500W psu - case
    - p5q turbo
    - Intel Core2 Duo E8400
    - Patriot dual-channel Matched DDR2 4GB (2 x 2GB)
    - Nvidia gforce 9600GT Zilent 1gb
    - 2 HD sata

everything seems to be working fine, except that when i fired up the psu for the firts time, all the fans and the HD's start running. I didn't push the powerbutton at that time. I tried to shut it down by pushing the powerbutton for 10s. That didn't do anything.

I then pushed the powerbutton and the system started to boot (bios ok, xp install ok, ...). XP is now installed and working properly.

But the problem remains. When the on/off switch of the psu is "on", all the fans and HD's start running. If i push the powerbutton, the system boots properly and i can work fine. But when i shut down windows (XP), all the fans and HD's keep running. Only thing i can do is switch the on/off button of the psu.

I tried updating the bios (EZ flash) and clearing CMOS but no luck...

Anybody has an idea of what the problem might be? solutions?

thx alot

Tom

jaapi, Jul 23, 2009
  2. jaapi

nd_y

hi
    I also have this problem, everything is working fine but the board wont completely shutdown leaving everything running and draining power.

If you have found a solution could you please tell me?

thanks,
    Andy

nd_y, Aug 9, 2009
  3. jaapi

jaapi

hey...

if i find something, i will...right now i'm just waiting untill i have some free time to get it back to the dealer...

jaapi, Aug 13, 2009
  4. jaapi

jaapi

hey...sorry for the late reply

took everything to the store...they replaced mobo and graphics card. took it home and it didn't work, same problem but even worse. now the machine didn't boot right away.

so i went back. they replaced the mobo again and now it works fine.
    apparently alot of these asus mobo's are doa, or anyway, they are alot cheaper to replace then to figure out what's wrong with them.

i hope your warranty still counts

tom

jaapi, Oct 12, 2009
Ask a Question