    Still No mouse recognition . What should Ido ?? Install a P/s2 style
    Mouse Hook-up or just Go through The Award Bios setup to see if
    thereis a "trick" to enable Mouse support ???? Thanks ,

    stu, Sep 10, 2003

  2. stu

    Ghostrider Guest

    Old motherboard but still usable with a few workarounds. Note that the
    PS/2 mouse header pinouts and adapters back in mid-1990's were not
    "standard". For the PS/2 mouse to work, need the special one that is for
    the P5STE and the P6SNE/F. (SuperMicro may have a worksheet or
    guide in its Knowledge Base.)

    Same applies to the header pinouts/adapters for the serial port but less unique.

    Good substitute for serial mouse or PS/2 mouse is to use a Microsoft In-Port
    (or Bus) mouse.

    Ghostrider, Sep 10, 2003

  3. stu

    stu Guest

    Thanks ,But what does a BUS mouse hook up to ( not a serial connnection I presume) Is this a
    peripheral that is still available???

    thanks ,sstu

    stu, Sep 11, 2003
  4. stu

    Ghostrider Guest

    Bus (or In-Port) mouse plugs into its own peripheral card, typically an
    ISA one. We used them as a workaround for failed i8042 controllers for
    the PS/2 mouse.

    Ghostrider, Sep 11, 2003
  5. stu

    Mojo Guest

    On mine, I have a PS2 to serial connector/adapter between the mouse &
    9 pin serial port. Works fine. Don't think I needed to load any
    drivers.

    Mojo, Jun 19, 2004
  6. stu

    Mojo Guest