P5W DH Deluxe not booting, no beeps but the green light is on and fans are spinning

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Soleft, Aug 29, 2011.

  1. Soleft

    Soleft

    There are 3 things that could be wrong with my system, my cpu, mobo or my psu.

    I recently bought a corsair tx650w psu and used it for 2-3 months, so I don't think that's the problem.

    The green light comes on, the fans spin but no beeps when I go to turn it on. So I've unplugged everything, cleared the rtc ram, I then took my mobo out and placed it on the table. I reconnected the 4 pin and the 24 pin, the cpu fan power. I tried booting with and without ram. I even tried booting without a cpu in hopes that I would hear a beep from the mobo so I could locate the problem.

    Does anyone know how I can figure out if it's my mobo or my cpu? None of my friends have a mobo or cpu with a 775 socket.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    edit - the last sign of life I saw from my pc was when I was trying to diagnose the problem. I resat the cpu, the machine started booting, it then crashed. I could see the option on my screen to press del or tab, but it just froze. After that, I got nothing from it.

    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
    Soleft, Aug 29, 2011