    2.8 ghz as well with the current bios settings. If I disable all the cpu
    power saving options in bios the first core then runs at 3.2 ghz all the
    time and the second still remains at 2.8 ghz.

    doug, Jun 25, 2005

  2. doug

    Kingstew Guest

    I've got an 830 dual processor at 3G and not noticed a problem (but not sure
    how to test for this)

    You do need to set your windows power management settings to laptop for
    windows to be able to properly use the full power management features of
    these processors though so you could check that.

    Kingstew, Jun 26, 2005

  3. doug

    doug Guest

    Bios settings alow the processor to run at 2.8 ghz when there is no load
    and this is working. Only problem is the second core stays at 2.8 ghz
    all the time, no matter if it's 100% loaded. I've been using CPUZ to
    tell me what mhz each core is running at.

    doug, Jun 26, 2005