    Do i need to go out and get a PS that has 24 pins?

    TIA

    jeff

    Jeff, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Jeff

    Ken Maltby Guest

    Does your MB have a separate 4 pin header and does
    your PS have one of those little square 4 pin connectors?
    That could allow it to work, if the 20 pin distribution were
    insufficient. You could also get a 20 to 24 pin adapter.
    The main factor is still how much is available on those rails,
    not the distribution.

    I would try it with your current PS and an adapter. If that
    doesn't work, then get a new 24 pin PS. Most likely your
    current PS will be fine. I'm running an A8N-E with a 20 pin
    connection (no adapter, but it does have the separate 4 pin
    connector plugged in also)

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Ken,

    The MB does have that 4 pin connector attached to the MB, the same like
    connects to the power in on a hard drive and also that proprietary four pin
    square jack.

    Jeff

    Jeff, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Jeff

    Ken Maltby Guest

    Then if your current PS has that "proprietary four pin
    square" connector, it's even more likely you'll be ok.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Nov 12, 2005