    or should it work? The USB2 card has the VIA chipset.

    Thanks,
    Stuey

    Stuey, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Stuey

    Ghostrider Guest

    Believe that's the situation.

    Ghostrider, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Stuey

    Stuey Guest

    Fighting the losing battle, or that it should work?

    Stuey, Jan 8, 2004
  4. IIRRC, the USB Standard is independent of the chipset in the motherboard.
    It should work as a high speed device. Did you install the drivers that
    came with the card? I seem to remember reading somewhere that there were
    some issues about Windows XP properly detecting and configuring a USB 2 hub.

    Brian K. White, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Stuey

    Stuey Guest

    hub.

    I did install the drivers that came with the card, yes. I also went to the
    VIA website and tried to get the latest drivers. They say that the drivers
    are only available from Microsoft. I've emailed Tech support at Supermicro
    (my motherboard is a Supermicro) to see if they can help as well.

    Thanks for your help,
    Stuey.

    Stuey, Jan 9, 2004
  6. This "drivers only available from Microsoft" was the same problem that I
    encountered. They are present in Service Pack 1, the trick is getting them
    to install. One of the problems is that If you started with XP without a
    service pack and then install SP1, the USB 2.0 drivers are not installed,
    you only get an update for the USB 1.1 drivers. Did you try removing all of
    the USB drivers from Device Manager and allowing the system to re-detect the
    drivers? In my case, I needed to do this several times before the ports
    were properly detected. Also, there have been several post SP1 updates to
    the USB2 drivers. So one you get them working, you may want to run windows
    update. I am sorry that I cannot be more help but it has been almost a year
    since I encountered this problem. As a final suggestion, you may want to
    look for information on some of the USB specific web sites since the is more
    of a Microsoft Windows XP issue.

    Brian K. White, Jan 11, 2004