    Phil.

    PS: I'm *NOT* suggesting anyone actually try it btw, just wondering if they
    had!

    Philip, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Philip

    Ghostrider Guest

    But the issue is overclocking what? The P4 Pentiums, for instance, do have
    an allowance for, perhaps 10-12% due to the physical manufacture of the
    CPU. Such tolerances were not available for the PIII Katmais or CuMines.
    Nor did motherboards that have the flexibility of the Intel 865 or 875 chipsets
    exist at the time of the 440BX chipsets. But do some experimentation...that
    is OK for obsolete products such as the P6SBA's and PIII's.

    Ghostrider, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Philip

    Philip Guest

    Well, I read that overclockers have to increase the core voltage to ensure
    that the processor can get enough power. It struck me that if a suitably
    cooled processor can stand +10% core voltage then the Harris ACB at
    1.8v might still work (all be it at an "unsupported" non-spec way).
    Well, perhaps after I've upgraded! - Though I was just asking in case anyone
    else had already given it a go.

    Phil.

    Philip, Sep 18, 2003