P750 opinions

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Keith Clark, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Keith Clark

    Keith Clark Guest

    I'm using a G400 Max and about to build a new system. I'm thinking op
    upgrading to a P750 in the new box. One requirement is the card run
    dual-head in Linux. I see on the support site they have RedHat 9 specific
    drivers so that's a plus. The G400 has been working great in dualhead in
    Linux since XFree86 4.3 came out...

    I'd like to be able to get better gaming performance too (Win2K - dual
    boot). How does the P750 do in gaming?

    What about bugs, issues with the drivers? I didn't see any P750 postings
    in the forum (Linux) so I suppose that's a good thing.

    One thing that bugged me about the G400 is the lack of overlay on the
    second head. I can only play back video on the primary head using overlay.
    Has this been improved on the P750?

    Please don't just quote the specs, I only want to hear from people who
    actually have used the P750 and their impressions.

    Thanks in advance for any feedback,

    --Keith

    Keith Clark, Jun 22, 2003