    i have a Creative soundcard and ATI 6970 videocard which works perfectly.

    gr. John
    thnxs

    John, Jun 11, 2011

  2. John

    Paul Guest

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...t+Engine+Driver&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng

    "Additional Notes

    If the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) driver has not been
    successfully installed, you may see an error on a
    "PCI Simple Communications Controller" in Device Manager."

    Just a guess (as it sounds a lot like a serial port).

    There is a version on the Asus site, under the "Utilities"
    section of the download page for your board. But the file
    is 250MB, which has gotta be a mistake. The one on the Intel
    site is around 9MB. I suppose if we multiply that by 24 languages,
    that might explain it, but still, 250MB is excessive.

    "Intel Management Engine Interface V7.0.0.1118
    for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista& 32/64bit 7."

    So I don't know what is hiding in there. You could "Explore" your
    motherboard CD, and see if there is an "MEI" file on it.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 11, 2011

  3. John

    Paul Guest

    Hilarious. That 250MB download on the Asua site ? Most of that,
    is a copy of dotnetfx35.exe installer file, plus a much smaller
    "real file" to install. So most of your download time, on the
    bloated 250MB Asus download, is spent getting a Microsoft file
    (which you may or may not have a copy of already).

    It looks like I've had that file on disk here, since 2009. So
    plenty of opportunities to already have it.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 11, 2011