Packard Bell 1550 Restore/Recovery Help Needed!!

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by pack1550help, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. pack1550help

    pack1550help Guest

    I have a Packard Bell 1550 and recently used the Restore/Recovery diskette
    & Packard Bell Master CD to restore the computer to the condition it came
    from the factory.

    Well everything was fine until it reached 100%...then it proceeded a
    continous use of error messages finally ending on a message to remove the
    floppy disk and CD and reboot.

    I did this and when the computer restarted it came on with an error
    message that it was unable to find CD Drive. It then went to the C:
    prompt and I am stuck there.

    I have no idea what I am supposed to type to make it proceed or what is
    going on. I cannot find it anywhere in the booklet or online. If someone
    reading this can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

    Thanks so much!!!

    Signed desperate!

    pack1550help, Jun 7, 2004

  2. pack1550help

    metronid Guest

    Did you format the HD first
    or was that an option

    metronid, Jun 8, 2004

  3. pack1550help

    pack1550help Guest

    No that was not an option.

    I just simply shut the computer down, installed the diskette and CD while
    off and turned back on and went from there as described previously.

    pack1550help, Jun 10, 2004
  4. pack1550help

    pack1550help Guest

    No that was not an option.

    pack1550help, Jun 10, 2004
  5. pack1550help

    pack1550help Guest

    No that was not an option.

    pack1550help, Jun 10, 2004
  6. pack1550help

    metronid Guest

    If it asked you to remove the floppy
    which has the cd driver on it
    and it rebooted to C prompt
    Not windows
    Yes it will not have the cd drivers there
    It will only see the CD if Windows had fully loaded

    The messages that you received
    I am not aware of since they werenot
    explained

    I do know the following
    Windows did not load properly since it
    went to a C prompt
    I am assuming this is Windows 95 or greater
    as there is another answer if Windows 311

    Why would it do this
    Various reasons
    Just a bad load happens
    You did not have enough room to begin with on
    C drive because there is a past istallation that
    was not removed or overwriiten properly
    You have compressed the drive which I doubt

    In order to start off fresh
    It would help to know
    the Windows version of the CD
    The size of the HD would be nice if it is
    over 2.1 gigs and using windows 95
    The restore floppy # would help also

    I think in order to do a good install
    you need to boo t with the restore
    no Cd or just boot to a C prompt
    and change to A drive with the floppy
    then inserted
    and type format C:
    at that point
    It should format the HD and just copy command.com
    which is = to a blank formatted drive
    Some people like to copy the system files
    I do not think that does any thing in your case

    Then you can reboot with the restore floppy and the
    master CD and things should go normally
    Usually does this way

    If you have Windows 95 and your HD is over
    2.1 gigs aprox
    Then you must partition your drive accordingly
    with the C as 2.1 and each sub partition 2.1
    or less depending on the total size

    This probably wil not be a problem as many
    restore floppies will do a format and partition
    check and do this for you

    let me know what you have

    metronid, Jun 10, 2004
  7. pack1550help

    pack1550help Guest

    To answer your questions:

    The Windows version is Windows 95

    Hard Drive: 2008.6 MB

    Restore Floppy # it says BPCS# 142580

    Let me know if you need anything else.

    pack1550help, Jun 15, 2004
  8. pack1550help

    techie Guest

    Hi,
    Could you possibly confirm if the PC is a clup, platinum pulsar etc, the
    reason for this is that the restore process is slightly different for each
    model and contonues to be so with every new model that they make, for
    instance the new ones only take 15 mins all in to fully restore to factory
    settings, if you could furnish this info, then i could possibly help u.

    scotty

    techie, Jun 17, 2004
  10. pack1550help

    pack1550help Guest

    You'll have to let me know how to locate that information and I'll be glad
    to give it to you. Thanks!

    pack1550help, Jul 10, 2004