Packard Bell EasyNote E4 Series Wireless trouble

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Ra?l, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Ra?l

    Ra?l Guest

    I've just installed Windows XP Professional SP2 in my Packard Bell
    laptop (model E4718). I've installed all the drivers from
    www.packardbell.com but Device Manager shows me an error with the
    Network Controller so the wireless doesn't work.
    I've to say that the ethernet connection works fine but the problem is
    only with the wireless.

    Here you got the link with the network drivers I've installed:

    http://support.packardbell.com/es/m...as_DC&PibLinkType=2007&PibCategoryId=104#show

    Anyone with the same problem?
    Can someone help me to solve it so I can use the wireless?

    Thanks,

    Greetings from Spain.

    Raúl.

    Ra?l, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Ra?l

    Elector Guest

    From the run bar type in 192.168.1.1 which should access the wireless
    routers configuration screen. You did not say if you connect via cable modem
    or via DSL. If DSL you will need to change the IP configuration to
    192.168.1.2 since the DSL modem uses the same IP address as the router.
    However many times it is a simple fix as to check the box that states to
    obtain an IP address automatically, or to have the DHCP set to auto
    configure.

    The other problem you may be having is a driver conflict. Go into Device
    manager and see if there are any Yellow or Red exclamation marks. If so the
    error will tell you more of what is going on. A simple reinstall of the
    routers drivers will fix that problem.

    Oh the login for the basic routers is (Login) admin-admin(password)

    Write back and let me know how you made out.

    I hope I helped?

    Elector

    Elector, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Ra?l