    Can anyone tell me what the original list price was for the PB Legend
    4610? Just curious because a friend just lost one in a fire, and we
    were wondering what it cost back in the day. Thanks in advance.

    Woodyfriedt, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Woodyfriedt

    Elector Guest

    I was just thinking tha maybe thensurance comany would ay o wat it is worth
    today.
    know that years ago I had a 25,000 rider for all computer equipment and
    cameras. Today the costs ae far less.
    Depending on what was in the system would be the price. I bought the PB
    Legend Supreme 60 at Sears for around $3,000.00 give or take a few hundred
    dollars.
    List what was in the machine and someone ay have a better idea of cost.

    Sorry I could not help further.

    Elector

    Elector, Jul 29, 2003

  3. I had a Legend 4670, (don't know how close it is to yours) came with PB 640
    motherboard, 16 MB RAM, Pentium 120, 1.2 GB HDD, 4X CD-ROM and Windows 95
    vanilla.

    I bought it in July 1996 for $2,200 at Best Buy. Just gave it to a nephew
    and still going strong. I maxed the CPU to 200 MMX, upped the RAM to 64 MB,
    added 512 KB L2 cache and upped the CD-Rom to a 12X. Now running 98 SE. My
    nephew seems pretty happy with it. Now to find him a printer. :cool:

    Come to think of it, I still have all the original software that came with
    it. Too bad it is Win 95 vanilla.
    Dennis

    Dennis Schmitz, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Hi Elector,

    Nice to hear from you again. Been a while since I was here.

    It is amazing how far these things have come in a short period of time. That
    old PB had 1 MB video onboard, now I have a machine with a 32 MB All In
    Wonder card. And it is now outdated. My little 400 MHz P2 processor seems
    kinda sad now with processors breaking 3 GHz.

    Someday maybe I will be on the cutting edge for about 2 hours till the next
    better one comes along.

    Dennis

    Dennis Schmitz, Aug 3, 2003
  5. Woodyfriedt

    Elector Guest

    Hi Dennis:

    Yeah it has been a long while :)

    I love the "cutting edge statement" is was both accurate and amusing.

    Elector

    Elector, Aug 3, 2003