Packard Bell Model 820 sighted in good condition

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Ben Myers, Jan 30, 2010.

  1. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    I collected a Packard Bell model 820 small tower computer today. This
    is one of the first ATX form factor computers sold by PB, but it is
    still a Socket 7 with a Cyrix CPU and 72-pin SIMMs. It has a SiS 5598
    motherboard chipset. The hardware is complete and appears to be all
    original, except for one add-in card slot. By coincidence, it also does
    not have an Ethernet card.

    System boots up and runs Windows 98, also apparently the original. It
    has a CD-ROM drive, 3.2GB Seagate, 100MB ZIP drive, modem and 32MB
    memory. Case is clean and unscratched. Plastic front bezel is a bit
    yellowed.

    Any collectors interested in this one? If so, make offer and add cost
    of shipping. I have recycled computer sized cartons, so packing it to
    ship safely is no problem. Shipping from eastern MA, probably UPS
    Ground least expensive. Local pickup is even less expensive.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 30, 2010

  2. Ben Myers

    mc Guest

    Ben
    how many card slots does this have, any isa or just pci?
    mc

    mc, Jan 31, 2010

  3. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Two ISA, two PCI and no AGP. Photos available upon request. But
    please, no trampling of the crowd to get a look, like the Walmart fiasco
    on Long Island one Black Friday. ;>) ... Ben

    Ben Myers, Feb 1, 2010
  4. Ben Myers

    mc Guest

    That sounds better than the 901 tower I'm using (only 2 pci slots). If
    no one else wants it, send me am e-mail for what you want. If you come
    across any isa cards let me know. I could use some network, sound/
    modem cards. And I'm still interested in any available cpu's to beef
    up the other machines (evergreen,powerleap, kingston). If you have any
    RAM for this machine I could use that as well.
    Walmart is always a fiasco here in Tampa.
    mc

    mc, Feb 1, 2010
  5. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    mc, I don't have an email address for you. I don't need a lot for the
    PB 820 tower, plus the cost of shipping the least expensive way.

    At the moment, I have only a Zoom 56K ISA modem. In an unfortunte
    housecleaning, my ISA bus sound cards and modems went to the electronics
    scrap folks nearby. I once had some very nice (for ISA, that is) 10/100
    Ethernet 3COM 3C515's. Just about the only way to get 100m bit Ethernet
    on an ISA bus computer.

    I have a good collection of 72-pin SIMMs still, 16MB and 32MB. I even
    have a few 64MB and 128MB(!) 72-pin SIMMs, used in Pentium Pro and
    early,early Pentium II systems. I use the smaller capacities to add
    memory to LaserJet 4 and LaserJet 5 printers, which work much better
    with more memory.

    I looked the other day and I did not see any Socket 5/7 CPU upgrades in
    my collection of parts. I'll look again. I have a few 486 upgrades
    based on the AMD chip, which was pretty sweet for the time, back in the
    last century... Ben

    Ben Myers, Feb 2, 2010
  6. Ben Myers

    mc Guest

    If you come across any of those 3coms save them for me, also if you
    come across any flat RAM cards 2 to 20 MB save those as well. I sent
    you an e-mail from last years address...I'll wait for a return
    mc

    mc, Feb 2, 2010
  7. Ben Myers

    Jimbob

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Still have PB Multimedia For Sale? Older post, but inquiring anyway

    Ben. I know this is a real old post of yours from last Jan., but I was just curious if you still had the Packard Bell Multimedia 820 you are selling? Just curious, and wanted to know what you wanted to get for it, if you still have it. It is April now, so I know there's a real good chance you don't.
    Jimbob

    Jimbob, Apr 22, 2011