    anyone tell me what spec of RAM i need to get for this machine?.

    many thanks,
    Alex

    Alex, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Alex

    Elector Guest

    Hi Alex:

    http://www.satech.com/platinum2050.html

    Will tell you what you need to know.

    I Hope I helped?

    Elector

    Elector, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Alex

    Elector Guest

    Sorry this is the type to go along with the memory amount I just
    posted.
    sdram pc100, non-parity, 8ns

    Elector

    Elector, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Alex

    metronid Guest

    Has a tacoma Mb MSI 6119
    128MB SDRAM
    Video ATI XPERT 3DFX2
    Sound AZTECH PCI 338A3D
    MODEM FDV 56K V90

    metronid, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Alex

    metronid Guest

    Sorry posted to quick
    Memory should be gold contacts
    Compusa has it at a good price
    PNY 64.99 256mb #298051
    many others

    metronid, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Hi there, thanks for the info about memory. My Packard bell 2050 has
    developed another problem, I replaced the sound card with a creative
    SB 4.1 and now the computer is switching itself on and off randomly -
    is this card not compatible with packard bell?, I am running win 98
    SE. Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this problem,
    unfortunately i have thrown the old aureal vortex soundcard away which
    was in there originally.

    many thanks for info,
    Alex

    Alex, Oct 17, 2003
  7. Alex

    metronid Guest

    I do not belive the sound card is the problem
    What do you mean by random?
    Switching off where it just goes off and then
    you have to rebboot?
    Or switching off and on where it reboots by itself?

    Off hand it is either a Windows setting or
    a bad power supply
    More info is needed

    metronid, Oct 17, 2003
  8. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Hi there, after i inserted the new soundcard the computer just started
    rebooting itself randomly, although mostly after it started up. I was
    thinking it has to be the new soundcard because it only started
    happening after it was put in - although the fan is a little noisy.

    Alex, Oct 17, 2003
  9. Whats it like with no soundcard installed?

    Simon Craddock, Oct 17, 2003
  10. Alex

    Elector Guest

    Another thought, rename your autoexec.bat & config.sys to (autoexec.old &
    config.old) then restart your computer. The sound card may be getting
    conflicting information from those files. Do not delete them incase you need
    to rename them back. However you do not really need them in Wndows 98 on up.

    Write back and let me know how you made out.

    Elector

    Elector, Oct 18, 2003