    Any advice or solution to this problem ?
    No problem at all under W2000

    Thank in advance for your help

    Free, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Free

    Skid Guest

    It's not a hardware problem. It's a Windows XP problem caused by upgrading
    over an existing installation. A clean install to a formated disc is always
    best. MS has some suggested fixes:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315270&Product=winxp

    Helo,
    I just upgrade my system fron Windows 2000 to WindowXP professional.
    At sartup the system says that it dont have a page file.
    Main memory is 512 MB and I try to define a page file of 768-1500 MB
    There is enough space on disk (I try on several).

    I read somewhere that this problem may be related to IDE driver.
    My mainboard is ABIT KT7A Raid with VIA IDE controler.
    I try to update drivers with hyperion 4in1449v, but after this the IDE
    driver is already a Microsoft one.

    In register, the pagefile is correctly defined, but the file is never
    created.

    When I start large application as Premiere, the system try to expand
    pagefile but failed and the application is killed.

    Skid, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Free

    TomG Guest

    did you take a look over at www.microsoft.com and go to the Knowledge Base
    under Support and see if they have anything?

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 118,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Free

    TomG Guest

    take a look at Knowledge Base article #315270 and see if that has any
    helpful hints...

    TomG, Nov 2, 2003
  5. This is an example of how unused the MS knowledge base is. There is
    actually a lot of really good information in there, if you just look. I
    have seen a lot of problems in here that could have been answered by someone
    taking just a few minutes to search the knowledge base. If I am having a
    problems with Windoze or any MS product, that is the first place I head
    to...

    Daniel L. Belton, Nov 3, 2003
  6. Free

    TomG Guest

    I visit there on a very regular basis on my own even when I'm not looking on
    behalf of others...

    TomG, Nov 3, 2003
  7. Free

    0_Qed Guest