Paging Owners of XPS Studio 8100's and 9000's

Discussion in 'Dell' started by powrwrap, Aug 15, 2010.

  1. powrwrap

    powrwrap Guest

    I'm starting to shop more earnestly for a new Dell XPS Studio
    computer. I want the 9000 but for economical reasons will probably buy
    the 8100. However, I am choking on the current pricing. I remember
    pricing them out last winter/early spring and I remember being able to
    get a nicely equipped 8100 for less than $1,000. A comparable machine
    is running about $1,300 nowadays.

    So my question to owners of these machines is this: When did you buy?
    What processor? How much did you pay? What optional stuff did you get?
    Be sure to mention if the price included a monitor.

    Example:
    Bought Feb 2010. 8100 with i7-850 processor, 6 GB memory, 1 TB hard
    drive, 1 GB ATI video card, $1049.00

    I could try to find all this info by searching this ng, but it would
    take me quite a while.

    powrwrap, Aug 15, 2010

  2. powrwrap

    Tom Lake Guest

    So my question to owners of these machines is this: When did you buy?
    I paid about $1600 for a 9000 with i7 920, 12 GB RAM, 23" Samsung LCD
    monitor
    3D glasses and dongle, 1 TB hard drive. The 9000 is no longer available.
    It's been replaced
    by the 9100. The specs and options look about the same to me except the
    9000 had
    a 475 W power supply while the 9100 has a 525 W power supply standard and a
    600 W
    supply is thrown in if you order the top of the line ATI graphics card. I
    ordered the
    600 W supply upgrade for my 9000 so it can handle the 980X, 24 GB RAM and
    GTX 470
    I added. If current 9000 owners want the newer supply, it's available but
    you really have to ask
    repeatedly to get it.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Aug 16, 2010

  3. powrwrap

    Tom Lake Guest

    I added. If current 9000 owners want the newer supply, it's available but
    It plays a mean game of Solitaire!

    Tom L

    Tom Lake, Aug 16, 2010
  4. powrwrap

    Dave Guest

    This is from dealcatcher.com.....looks like for 199.00 more you can
    also get a netbook.

    http://configure.dell.com/dellstore...ode=ss&c=US&l=EN&dgc=SS&cid=39716&lid=1003790

    Best wishes..
    David