PAL and NTSC differences on Radeon AIW 9800 Pro ?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Hilarion Lefuneste, Aug 2, 2004.

  1. Hi there,

    I am willing to buy an AIW 9800 Pro on ebay in order to replace my brave and
    aging Radeon AIW, which (I think) is slowing down my ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe /
    AMD 2800+ system (Comments welcome on this point too...) .

    My old AIW Radeon accepts perfectly input signals (SVHS and composite
    entries) from my NTSC & PAL Philips external home DVD player (I can change
    the output standard from the DVD menu), which made me believe that my old
    AIW Radeon was Bi-standard (NTSC & PAL). I realise that I am not using the
    tuner in the above example..., but still in the Multimedia Center software,
    I can scan TV (from Cable and Antenna from lots of countries) and I have the
    ability to select NTSC for the video standard of a TV channel (but have not
    tested the hardware compatibility of the tuner as I have no access to NTSC
    broadacst).

    The new AIW 9800 Pro seems to be available in the TWO different systems NTSC
    AND PAL.

    --> Is it only a matter of tuner connector (US have a screwing connector,
    whereas European connector is not), or is there a real hardware
    incompatibilty between NTSC and PAL tuners provided on the card ?

    Thank's for the answer if anybody knows the answer out there...

    Hilarion

    Hilarion Lefuneste, Aug 2, 2004