    please help me if you have any idea what this is all about. it's
    totally preventing me from downloading and installing any programs.
    i greatly appreciate any information. thanks!

    hee_hee, Oct 27, 2006

  2. ok I have a Powerbook G4 - running OSX, and downloading as simple as
    usual, i think. When I download, I double click on the icon in the
    downloads window to install. It asks, "this is an application, ok to
    proceed?" I give it my password, and begin installation. When the final
    screen for installation appears, I say Install, and get the error
    message: cannot complete installation becuase the file for the Palm Hot
    Sync is missing. How else should I be installing? Have you ever heard
    of this issue in a G4 before???

    Thanks, Lindsay

    lindsaywortham, Oct 30, 2006

  3. lindsaywortham, Oct 31, 2006
  4. when i download anything that i want to install, even Mozilla, other
    free apps like adobe. same message, everytime.

    lindsaywortham, Oct 31, 2006
  5. *perk* Which Adobe apps are free?[/QUOTE]

    The various readers and players they offer. E.g., Adobe Reader, Flash
    Player.

    Michelle Steiner, Oct 31, 2006
  6. hee_hee

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Sounds like you saw a "downloads" folder and set your
    browser's download preference to there, not realizing
    that it is the folder from which HotSync (if installed)
    would automagically copy all contents to the PDA.

    Wes Groleau, Oct 31, 2006