  1. John Eckart

    John Eckart Guest

    I have a KG7-RAID board and apparently the fastest CPU I can put in it is either the AMD SocketA AthlonXP Palomino (0.18 micron process) 2100+ or an AMD SocketA AthlonXP Thoroughbred (0.13 micron process) 2000+. I'm trying to figure out which is better, the faster clock speed of the Palomino or the better core of the Thoroughbred...

    John Eckart, Jul 24, 2003

  2. John Eckart

    Ed Guest

    Only real difference is the t-bred is made on a smaller die so it uses
    less power and runs cooler at same MHz as the Palomino.

    I'd get the t-bred since they are all unlocked and do the wire in the
    socket trick to get it up to faster speeds. ;p
    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    Ed

    Ed, Jul 24, 2003

  3. John Eckart

    Wes Newell Guest

    Your information is not correct. The fastest cpu you can put in it is a
    Barton core. I'd suggest the 2500+ and then clock it at 12.5x166MHz.
    Also any Tbred B core will work fine in it. Many have used the 2400+ in
    it. See link below. You might want first hand experiences, Go to
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit NG, or google for fastest kg7.

    Wes Newell, Jul 24, 2003
  4. John Eckart

    Panos Guest

    I put the Thoroughbred 2200+ in the same board with the latest bios and it
    works fine.

    "John Eckart" <> schreef in bericht

    Panos, Jul 25, 2003
  5. John Eckart

    Wes Newell Guest

    Assuming you have a sufficient power supply, and there's nothing wrong
    with your system now, no.
    If you don't change bus speeds it won't.
    I don't know what voltage you are using now. The default voltage for the
    Barton is 1.65v.

    Wes Newell, Jul 27, 2003