Panther Printing problem - tiny image in lower left corner of page????

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Amanda, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. Amanda

    Amanda Guest

    I have no idea what's going on... other than my printing is
    unpleasantly hosed under Panther. Instead of a fullpage image, I get
    the image to print in miniature in the lower-left corner of the page
    (approximately 1.5" x 1.5" square). The scenario is thus:

    HP LaserJet 1220
    Panther 10.3.1

    Seems like most applications don't work, though some print fine (print
    the full size image as intended).

    Non-working apps: Preview, Safari, iPhoto
    Working apps: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word, TextEdit

    I've certainly checked all the page setup options including, obviously,
    scale. Nothing looks out of place.

    I've used Printer Setup Repair to reset every option (including
    deleting all preference files); uninstalled all the printer drivers
    (from Printer Setup Repair); reinstalled the HP drivers from the
    Panther Install disc, deleted and created the printer in the the Print
    Center about 15 times, with a smattering of reboots in between.
    Nothing seems to help.... any ideas?

    Has anyone seen this before or if anyone has any ideas for potential
    solutions, I would be much obliged.

    Thanks,
    Amanda.

    Amanda, Nov 30, 2003