Panther Xserver Qs: Quick Start; user directory direct; FTP; Disconnect; Account.

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Hans M. Aus, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. Hans M. Aus

    Hans M. Aus Guest

    Workstation Manager, Panther X Server 10.3.3, G5

    1) Where can I find a quick start guide for first time administrators?

    2) How can I avoid the "Select Volume" window after the user logs in? In
    Fetch, the user is connected directly to his home directory. In a
    browser or Go Connect to Server, the user has to select a volume.

    3) From a MacOS 9, the login mini-windows includes an Account entry. How
    can I eliminate the 3rd entry: Account?

    4) How can I generally deny FTP to all users except a very few selected
    users? I keep reading horror stories about FTP misuse. My impression is
    that I have to specically deny FTP to each user.

    5) How does a Windows or browser user disconnect (log out) from the
    server?

    Hans M. Aus, Apr 23, 2004