    before the printed page processes at the printer. If I should
    eliminate the parallel cable and switch the printer to a usb cable,
    will the same thing occur?

    dbtexas, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Probably not. If it's an HP inkjet, it uses your CPU to do its print
    processing -the lag is normal.

    Edward J. Neth, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Didn't you mean "Yes, the lag will probably remain"?

    =>Roddy<=

    Roderick Samuels, Jul 10, 2003
  4. dbtexas

    Pen Guest

    I switched my HP 880c to USB from parallel and
    have noticed no difference in printing behavior.

    Pen, Jul 10, 2003
  5. As already noted it won't make a difference....in both cases the
    "print job" is usually loaded into memory and the lag is related to
    the size of the print file.

    Walter Petelka, Jul 14, 2003