Part needed, Called Dell. Clueless!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Mikie, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. Mikie

    Mikie Guest

    Hi folks,
    It is I again, trying to locate that part for my Dell 2400 Dimension -
    Bios A05 -purchased in May 2004, warranty over. Of Course!

    The Parts department guy, (from India I'm sure), cannot locate the part
    on his schematics. I'm not so sure he is adequately trained so I was
    polite at all times..Dell is at fault, not this poor lost chap. He
    suggested that I call Tech Support. (Me not think so). Maybe someone
    here can help.

    This is precisely what I told the chap to direct him to the part I
    needed:

    "Looking at the FRONT of the case, down BELOW, just to the RIGHT of
    'INTEL INSIDE', the case cover is recessed; in the recession is a set
    of (2)USB ports, and to the right of it, a green port for probably a
    Microphone. ..."

    ".....I removed the Case Front, which exposes the unit for removal.. I
    unscrewed (2) screws and the UNIT came out. It is connected to the
    motherboard by means of an 18 pin female plug which I unplugged and
    removed the entire UNIT.

    The UNIT consists of a circuit board about 1.5" x 2.5", on which is
    the set of (2) USB ports, the microphone port, and a small condenser.
    (The man insisted it was the mother board that I needed...Grrrrr" but
    I maintained my courteousness and composure.

    I have a small white tag on mine, showing the letters A01 and J0016
    .. Apparently that was meaningless to the Parts Department, All other
    numbers are impressed or burned onto the tiny circuit board ; they are
    so small, my 79 year old eyes can't read them, even with a huge
    magnifying glass because the impressions are imperfect!

    I can certainly do without those two USB ports, It simply bothers my
    perfectionistic personallity to have a crippled PC; I would so much
    like to repair it.

    Would appreciate any help you can offer....

    Always humble and thankful
    Mike francisco+(numbernine)@ A T T dot NET
    Picture Rocks, AZ

    Mikie, Jun 12, 2006

  2. Mikie

    Yenrab

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2016
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have the exact part you need. It's in excellent shape copywriter in 2003 on back upper right hand corner it has: 501 1
    8488 and under it has 94V-0 and a backwarfRU and triangle. On other edge it has PWB G0570 AO1 Made in China. image.jpg

    Yenrab, Apr 26, 2016

  3. Mikie

    Yenrab

    Joined: