    Hi all...Where do you find the part numbers for the parts in your Dell.
    I have a Packing slip of course but none of the numbers listed seem to
    be the part numbers...Thanks in Advance...Andy

    Andy, Apr 7, 2005

  2. For many of them, you can go to support.dell.com, enter your service tag
    and choose "original configuration".

    For others, you must look at the part itself.

    Edward J. Neth, Apr 7, 2005

  3. Andy

    Ben Myers Guest

    The original configuration lists the major subassemblies of a Dell computer.
    There is usually incomplete info about the exact makes/models of devices (e.g.
    hard drive, CD-RW, etc) and the part number of low-level parts (e.g. mounting
    brackets, drive trays)... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 7, 2005
  4. Andy

    S.Lewis Guest

    <snip>

    The OP can refer to the original configuration online, and then fill in the
    gaps by looking at the specific part concerned; on either a barcode label or
    stamped/molded into the parts themselves will be the 5-digit Dell part
    number (D/PN). On bar codes, this number will usually reside right in the
    middle of label among other numbers to the left and right.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Apr 7, 2005