    free tool to successfully create partitions and other tool to
    backup/restore a full partition with this notebook type? Thank you.
    Hammercat

    Hammercat, May 30, 2008

  2. Hammercat

    Wandering Guest

    XP Disk Manager will do partitions for you.

    It is likely the machine already contains a utility to make a recovery cd.
    Look around a bit. It is also likely to contain a 5 - 10 GB partition with
    all the necessary restore to factory information that the disk you create
    will access. That's pretty standard. Check the mfg website for some free
    utilities to make backup images. Most offer something free.

    Search SourceForge for disk image, and you'll find a few free disk image
    programs.

    Hope this helps you!

    Wandering, May 31, 2008

  3. Hammercat

    Hammercat Guest

    Thank you very much! I'll follow your advices. Then I'll report about
    results.
    Hammercat

    Hammercat, Jun 2, 2008