partpc.com & Sonicparts.com SUCK

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by scott bryant, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. scott bryant

    scott bryant Guest

    hi all,
    I recently decided to build myself a new computer. So I went to
    pricewatch.com and started ordering just like I've done many times before.
    Stuff started coming in like a week latter. You know i'm not in to much of a
    hurry. Well, about a WEEK later I got an email from partspc.com. They sent
    me a warranty waiver agreement (ordered OEM). In the teh agreement it said
    that they needed me to to send this back befor they could start PROCESSING
    MY ORDER. and it took them a week to just send me that, I hate to see how
    much longer it would take to process my order. So I ordered a card from
    gameve.com and got my radeon 9700 pro in 3 days and shipping was free. After
    16 days of waiting today I decided to check up on my 2800+ from
    sonicparts.com. So I called and politely told the nice lady that I ordered a
    2800+ on the 31st and I was just wondering if I could expect it before
    febuary. She said they are out of stock. ON THEIR DAMN PAGE IT DIDNT SAY
    THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK. She said that she could upgrade my order to retail
    for only 40$ more. So I calmly said no thanks just put my money back in my
    account. So she put me on hold and came back and said that the processors
    came in today and yours has shipped. so I politely hung up the phone.
    Anyway, thats my story. Maybe I need to learn to be pacient but i still say
    they SUCKKKKKKK

    scott bryant, Jan 15, 2004

  2. That's what happens when you buy based only on price.

    They have a 5.4 out of 10 on www.resellerratings.com,
    but tech support is only a 1.7, and shipping AND 'future purchase'
    are both under 5.
    Their rating is 1.7.

    I wouldn't deal with any business with less than a 7 rating overall.

    To reply by email, remove the XYZ.

    This sig censored by the Office of Home and Land Insecurity....

    Never anonymous Bud, Jan 15, 2004

  3. scott bryant

    LeeB18509 Guest

    Looks great compared to sonic http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2306.html
    Geez, will people ever learn...

    LeeB18509, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Just another reason to buy local if possible. I keep up with prices and have no
    qualms about playing "price match" games or buying refurbs/out of box/ etc.

    I bought a 2500 Barton OEM (unlocked) locally for $79 about 5 months ago when I
    could have bought same for $60 from some outfit I'd never heard of over the web.
    I pulled it out of the black foam and there were 3 rows of pins severely bent.
    It's not usually a problem for me; I've straightened pins on tubes/ICs/ CPUs for
    40 years; but I called the dealer just in case. They checked the rest of stock
    and 60% of that shipment had similar problems. They gave me an "unbent" one .

    I'll admit that I showed them how to use a hand wire-wrap tool and loaned it to
    them; and also showed them some other tricks with knife blades and the old
    "Intel Overdrive Chip Rake" and the "partially closed ZIF socket" to straighten
    pins... only 1 chip lost a pin. All the fixed chips got pulled off the 'counter
    sale' area and went into built systems with an extra year's warrantee on the CPU
    "just in case" .

    It was worth my hour's work.. I got the broken pin Barton and a MSI K7N2 mobo
    with a broken capacitor that they couldn't RMA... I repaired both in 5 minutes
    at work.

    Agreed-- I'm an electronics tech who can do that ; but I doubt that I'd have
    gotten that response from a webstore even just to get a replacement chip!

    R. Asby Dragon, Jan 16, 2004
  5. scott bryant

    Gene Guest

    Same thing from PCparts. 3 days after order, I receive a waiver that
    basically says there is no garrantee or warranty unless I bought an
    extended... and then all shipping on my dime to the manufacturer with a
    minimum 6 weeks...blah, blah, blah. I replied, "CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL...".

    Gene, Jan 16, 2004