    interface acts similarly to the sites where passwords are remembered by
    my Mac, but this doesn't happen for these sites.

    Thanks for any education.

    AES/newspost, Jan 19, 2004

  2. That's a function of the browser you use since you talked about
    websites. I dimly recall IE on MacOS 9.2 did use a Keychain if checked
    that box. It asked for the Keychain to open if you did. Otherwise,
    it's kept in the IE preferences files in System Folder>Preferences>.
    MacOS X keeps such information in keychains if you use Safari.
    Again, that's up to the webmaster for the site you talking about and the
    browser you're using. If they do authentication in a way that IE
    doesn't cope with very well, you'll have to enter your info rather than
    IE do it for you.

    Michael Vilain, Jan 19, 2004