    supervisor password (or any, for that matter) set on this laptop.

    I've already swapped out the system board to resolve this....it just bugs
    me.

    Dan Whitehouse, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Dan Whitehouse

    Joe McArthur Guest

    A couple of months back I ran into similar situation, whereby my Supervisor
    password was "altered", due to the removal of my CMOS battery. The
    prevailing theory put forth was that pulling the battery might cause an
    electrical spike that might impact chips other than the CMOS chip. Hence,
    whichever chip holds the SVP may have been corrupted by said spike.
    Perhaps this is what happened to you, although it's just a theory.

    In case you're interested in reading the reference thread for this, it can
    be found on Google - Subject: "Supervisor password", around the end of May.

    Joe

    Joe McArthur, Jul 23, 2003