Past New Driver Game Crash & Blue Screen...!

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Rudolf Kemnitz, Apr 15, 2009.

  1. Hi...

    I did install the new driver: 182.50 since that I got new problems:
    Almost all games crash since I got this new driver.!!!
    Than I did install the beta driver: 185.66, here I got almost only blue
    screens!!!
    Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...
    And I don't know why...
    It look for me that the beta driver 185.66 have change something... and this
    can't be fix...
    So I got always the problem, that "every" game crash past 20 minutes...
    Now I got the Driver 182.50... and also still problems...
    I don't know what to do...
    It's not so great that I can't play any game right now...
    I also got now a blue screen.
    Now I did reinstall the older Driver 181.20, I still got the problems...

    That's really bad...

    Does anyone have an Idea, or a solution?

    Bye, DUDI

    Rudolf Kemnitz, Apr 15, 2009

  2. Rudolf Kemnitz

    deimos Guest

    Here's a hint, it's not your driver causing the blue screens.

    deimos, Apr 15, 2009

  3. Rudolf Kemnitz

    Augustus Guest

    Are we supposed to read your mind as to what hardware and OS this is running
    on, and what apps and games you are using?

    Augustus, Apr 16, 2009
  4. Hardware:
    Core 2 Quad Q 6600,
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 260,
    4 GB Ram DDR2 1066,
    Mainbord ASUS P5Q,

    Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit,

    Games (over 50),
    Game that did Crash:
    Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, Alone in the Dark...
    etc... all games Crash past 10 or 20 minutes...

    I did Play this games, for 3 or 4 month, without any problem, since I got
    the beta Driver, I got now this game crash...

    bye, DUDI

    Rudolf Kemnitz, Apr 16, 2009
  5. Rudolf Kemnitz

    Andy Guest

    Try running your PC with the side panel removed and a household fan pointed
    at the gfx card. If this extends the time before crash then you might want
    to look at heat as your issue.

    Andy

    Andy, Apr 16, 2009
  6. Rudolf Kemnitz

    timelord Guest

    I agree with Andy regarding the heat issue. Make sure all the fans are
    working or see if there is any fan control settings that might help too.

    Phil.

    timelord, Apr 16, 2009
  7. Rudolf Kemnitz

    Augustus Guest

    Hardware:
    So what's new with this setup? The GTX260 card? I have one of those...an
    eVGA SSC Core 216 model. The first thing I did with this card in my very
    well ventilated Antec 180 case was to monitor the GPU and Video memory temps
    while gaming. Although it never once artifacted or crashed, I did not like
    the temps in the 70's under full gaming load or the very low default fans
    speeds, so I loaded up the included eVGA utility and set the default fan
    speed to 70% in 2D/3D upon Windows load. The temps now never exceed 57C
    under full gaming load for any time period. It makes no more noise I can
    detect. You can use Rivatuner to do the same thing. Other methods exist.
    Have you looked at your GPU and GDDR temps?

    Augustus, Apr 16, 2009

  8. No,
    I control the fan speed, with tools, and also the temps. The card gets never
    about 70° C.
    The PC case is between 25 and 40 C°.
    The Graphic Card is between 40 and maximal 70 C°...

    So it's not to hot that can't be it.
    I test it also with older games:
    Star Trek Elite Force I & II, and Star Trek Deep Space Nine - The Fallen,
    Doom 3, Quake 4, Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
    All this Games I play with 16XAA & 16XAF... so they work well, and I can
    play for hours...
    Only when I play Assassins Creed, Crysis, Alone in the Dark, Rainbow Six
    Vegas... then I get Crash.
    But I did play this games for month and every day and also for many hours,
    and never any problem (even Crysis in DX 10 with AA & AF in 1920x1200
    without any problem and this for 4 or 5 hours...), since I did install the
    new driver I got this crash... so It look for me that this is an Driver
    problem...

    bye, DUDI

    Rudolf Kemnitz, Apr 17, 2009
  9. HI again...

    I did format my PC and now everything work well.
    No problems any more, I use again the older driver 181.20 and I get no crash
    or blue screen.
    So it was the beta driver how makes all this probs...
    But that I have to format my PC that's really bad!
    I never use any beta driver from now.

    Bye, DUDI

    Rudolf Kemnitz, Apr 19, 2009