    The usb works fine with everything else (keyboard, mouse cam, etc.)
    Do I need any special driver or bios tweek to make it work with pata drives?

    TIA

    RIAA, Feb 20, 2008

  2. RIAA

    Ghostrider Guest

    PATA drive in a proper USB hard drive enclosure? If yes, re-read the
    instructions regarding jumpering of PATA drive and check that it was
    set properly. And if the USB enclosure is for a 3.5-inch drive, it
    normally needs to have its own power supply.

    Ghostrider, Feb 21, 2008

  3. Those are all as they should be. Still doesn't work.
    thanks

    lisa swallowz, Feb 22, 2008
  4. RIAA

    Eric Gisin Guest

    What do you mean "not recog"?
    You should see new device under Disk Drives and USB Controller when you plug it in.

    Eric Gisin, Feb 24, 2008
  5. RIAA

    RIAA Guest

    I mean just what I said. Not recognized, only get an error message about
    hardware failure. Although the several devices I have tried all work on
    other machines.

    RIAA, Feb 25, 2008