    I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

    Thanks in advance.

    Dave P

    Dave P, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Dnia 2006-03-17 04:13, U¿ytkownik Dave P napisa³/a:
    Try to set drive as Master/Single drive.
    --
    Roman S±siada
    katoda(znaczek)poczta.onet.pl

    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Roman_S=B1siada?=, Mar 17, 2006

  3. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I tried that setting but the computer wont boot
    after loading Windows XP, it just freezes up on boot after what appears to
    be a good install.

    Dave P.

    Dave P, Mar 17, 2006
  4. Dave P

    Mal Guest

    If I'm reading this right you're using a standard IDE drive through a
    converter into a SATA controller ... if that's the case did you press F6
    when asked during the XP install and load the SATA drivers for your
    motherboard?

    Mal

    Mal, Mar 17, 2006
  5. Dave P

    BigVoice Guest

    I am now using 2 PATA to SATA converters for my PATA HDs. I use SATA
    cables for the HDs. It works OK and I don't need to install any
    drivers in XP. Just plug in and use "auto" in the BIOs setting.

    As to the PATA HD jumper setting set it to Master.

    BigVoice, Mar 17, 2006
  6. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    Yes, loaded F6 drivers. This board wont even boot windows using straight
    IDE to IDE.
    Board is toast.

    Dave P

    Dave P, Mar 17, 2006
  7. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    This board is just plain toast. Wont even load XP going PATA to PATA.

    Dave P, Mar 17, 2006
  8. You did a CMOS reset after you changed the configuration, right?

    Travis Jordan, Mar 19, 2006