    MB. Unfortunately, I don't have any other PC2-8500
    memory to test with, so I can't tell if it is the mem
    or the MB. Any help appreciated.

    Bill Sudbrink, Dec 28, 2006

  2. Subject pretty much says it all. The drive access light
    seems to work fine until Windows XP boots, then it comes
    on solid and stays on. The drive I'm using is loud enough
    that I can hear accesses and the stuckness does not seem to
    be real disk access. Sysinternals Process Explorer does
    not indicate any disk access either. Oh, it is a serial ATA
    dirve.

    Bill Sudbrink, Dec 28, 2006

  3. Bill Sudbrink

    Grunion Guest

    Try a different power connector and make sure the SATA cable isn't
    loose. I'd prepare for losing the drivie.

    Grun

    Grunion, Dec 29, 2006
  4. Bill Sudbrink

    Folk Guest

    It sounds like the sensor cable (usually called "disk I/O" or
    something to that effect) is turned around backwards.

    Folk, Dec 29, 2006
  5. Bill Sudbrink

    Grunion Guest

    That is a better suggestion than mine!