Patriot Motherboard Power switch

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by NetCruzer, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. NetCruzer

    NetCruzer Guest

    I have one of the "Hot Wheels" Computers but it was takin a part a
    couple of years ago and now I want to "Restore" It and have everything
    but cant get it to boot becasue of the power switch. I need to know
    how to hook it up so it will boot right because If I disconnect the
    "Main Plug"(Whare the power supply hooks to the motherboard) and blow
    in to it and plug it in It starts up with no power switch at all and
    no video on screen and also if I leave it on for a few seconds the CPU
    heat sink warms up! The last time this motherboard was used it worked
    fine and hasnt been used since. I hope its not ruined. I have looked
    everywhare trying to find answers.Motherboards.org,Intel.com,google
    searches,etc... nothing. All I got was that they quit making this
    model.

    Model: Intel BP810
    year:98-99?
    came in patriot computer.

    Any Help would be greatly appriciated.
    Ill probably not beable to find this thread again so please email me
    at:

    Thanks.

    NetCruzer, Dec 27, 2003

  2. ..

    The BP810 was an OEM only board. The TPS document should help with the
    connectors: http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/oem/index.htm#bp810

    Try a new battery; a weak battery may be the reason it's not booting.

    [email protected], Dec 27, 2003

  3. Thanks for the document. Hooked it up and nothing. no beeps or anything. I
    think the battery however is dead as a "doornail". The comp's been siting
    not doin anything for the last 2 years and it was already 2 years old when
    it went in for storage. But someone told me that if you had a harddrive
    connected to the ide chain it should boot with even no battery.

    Charles Sanders, Dec 28, 2003
  4. If you unplug the power supply from board,blow on the connectors,and plug it
    back to the board,it fires up with no video or beeps or anything. But if you
    unplug the power supply from the wall and plug it back it doesnt do it
    again. and when it does come on the HD status light stays on solid. I hope
    its not a hardware failure problem and thats its something isnt hooked up
    right. It worked fine 2 years ago with no problems.
    Thanks.

    Charles Sanders, Dec 28, 2003