    Anyone know what kind of card these guys came with??

    TIA,
    Ed

    Ed Sims, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Ed Sims

    Ben Myers Guest

    Ed,

    The product specs on the HP web site state that the board uses an Intel 810e
    chipset, for which you can download the graphics drivers from the Intel web
    site. While you are there, download the other drivers for the 810e chipset to
    handle hard disk and USB. The 810e chipset came after the introduction of
    Windows 98, so the drivers installed from the Windows 98 CD are not the ones
    needed for the system to perform at its best. But, hey, at least they work.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Ed Sims

    Ben Myers Guest

    One more point. Your question reflects the sorry state of HP's web site
    regarding tech support. HP's competition (Dell, IBM, Gateway) all have complete
    driver sets to be downloaded for (at least) their fairly recent motherboards.
    But, HP? Noooooo! You have to hunt elsewhere, and maybe read and decipher the
    motherboard chipsets... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Ed Sims

    Ed Sims Guest

    Ben,

    Thanks for the info. I downloaded the drivers this AM and will load
    them up tonight.

    Thanks again,
    Ed

    Any sufficiently advanced technology is
    indistinguishable from magic.

    --Arthur C. Clarke

    Ed Sims, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Ed Sims

    Ed Sims Guest

    Hi again,

    I'll have to agree here. I don't have much experience with HP but
    their web site was the first palce I went.

    Couldn't find anything for the 2950 except new CD-RW drivers and some
    updates for XP. Kept referring me back to the Resource disc and they
    want $25.00 for one of those. Figured that money would be better spent
    put toward an XP upgrade disc if I can't get this to work.

    Thanks again,
    Ed

    Ed Sims, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Ed Sims

    Ed S Guest

    Ben,

    Loaded up the Intel Drivers and all is working well.

    Thanks again,
    Ed

    Ed S, Nov 11, 2003