    everything. Is there some other troubleshooting to do for this? Can I
    turn on a debugging tool to figure this out?Nothing in the event log,
    or in the startup is causing this. It's looking like a hardware failure.

    timisme, Aug 21, 2005

  2. timisme

    Ben Myers Guest

    Streaming media player is very much processor intensive. My guess is that heat
    is the villain, with the processor eventually overheating from all the work it
    is doing. Get a can of compressed air and point the nozzle inside the opening
    that draws air, then blast away. If a lot of dust bunnies come out, the
    computer will run a lot cooler.

    In the last few months, I have serviced or scrapped a depressingly large number
    of laptops which have fallen victim to poor ventilation and overheating.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 21, 2005

  3. timisme

    ikenfixit Guest

    I agree w/Ben but if that doesnt help swap the ram mods and retry.
    (Little too new for RAM slot issues but you never know).

    ikenfixit, Aug 24, 2005