PB 60MHz Pentium shows up here!

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Ben Myers, Dec 5, 2009.

  1. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    A Packard Bell 60MHz Socket 4 Pentium system showed up here yesterday as
    part of a collection of out-of-service computers. The desktop case was
    pretty munged up, but the motherboard appears to be in good shape. The
    system had the original PB Aztec full-length ISA sound card, but
    somebody replaced the antique 14.4 ISA modem and added a cheap PCI
    graphics card.

    Socket 4 is a rare beast, indeed, lasting about a New York minute in
    Intel's scheme of things. Socket 4 CPUs ran hot at 5v, and they came
    along just after the 66MHz 486-DX2, and before Intel got wise and cut
    CPU voltages down to 3.3v with the Socket 5 Pentium and the 3.3v
    mis-named 100MHz 486-DX4.

    If anyone (Bob Watts, for example) is interested in this board, I can
    test it along with its riser card. I have no means of testing the Aztec
    sound card.

    If it tests OK, the board goes to whichever PB collector who can give me
    a few bucks for my time plus postage. Let me know.

    If I don't hear from anyone in about 10 days, the board goes into my
    board scrap pile and the CPU into the gold-bearing CPU pile, at around
    $1200 an ounce. That's for pure gold, not for CPUs... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 5, 2009

  2. Hi Ben!

    Please send an email to:

    ten.esuf@sttawbob

    ( that is backwards of course. :)

    Thanks

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Dec 5, 2009

  3. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Bob Watts showed interest in it... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jan 10, 2010
  4. Ben Myers

    philo Guest

    Yes I know

    I just stated that I do not need it

    philo, Jan 10, 2010
  5. HI Ben !

    Now that the holidaze are behind us, did you get a list of stuff together
    that you may want to sell with the Packard Bell Socket 4 board?

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Jan 11, 2010