    know what the jumper settings should be to restor the on board graphics
    capability. Anyone have a clue?

    Ross

    Ross Overcash, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Ross Overcash

    RRR_News Guest

    Ross,
    Go to PriorityOne Support website, under the "DRIVERS" section. You will
    need to register with an email address and password.

    http://priorityonesupport.com/

    Tools> Drivers Section> Packard Bell> there you can download what you need.
    There is a download for the mother board, under manuals, make sure your also
    download and install the viewer.

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    "Ross Overcash" <> wrote in message
    Seems that I have either thrown out or totally misplaced the manual for this
    box. It is currently set up as a linux Firewall, I would like to remove
    the add on video card and restore the on board graphics, however I don't

    RRR_News, Apr 3, 2005

  3. This is great advice, however the viewer.exe file will not run under windows
    XP so I guess I'm back to square one! Is there anyone that knows the jumper
    setings for the on board video so I can take out the no longer needed video
    card

    ross

    Ross Overcash, May 14, 2005
  4. Ross Overcash

    mdp Guest

    This site gives you some manual information but unfortunately, I don't see
    anything about the ability to disable video.

    http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/680.htm

    However, I have worked on some older PBs (Socket-7 like yours) where I
    installed a video card into it. I did not need to set any jumpers. The
    computer automatically routed video to the card, i.e. no signal came out of
    the onboard VGA connector. I had to further disable (not uninstall) the
    onboard video in Device Manager (yours should show up as S3 Trio64V+ or S3
    Virge 3D) in order to ensure the proper drivers for your PCI video card
    could be properly installed and used.

    mdp, May 14, 2005
  5. Ross Overcash

    mdp Guest

    I just realized you're using Linux. Sorry but I don't know anything
    regarding disabling the onboard video in Linux (e.g. if it continues to
    detect the onboard when you have a video card). I did find this site in my
    archives, you don't need to have an account. Unfortunately some links work,
    some don't (e.g. viewer.exe seems to be broken but the link to the 680
    manual seems to work).

    http://web.archive.org/web/20010420114108/www.pb-user.com/downloads/index.html

    mdp, May 14, 2005