    Ok I have my old pb cdt 994 legend in the garage and was going to try to run the original hard drives. They are a paired set of drives that add up to 2 gigs,so they must be mounted together. What I cannot remember is if they need a jumper cable to connect the drives together, or do they both connectonly to the ide cable?? Anyone remember this from 1995/1996...
    thanks,
    mc

    mc, May 25, 2012

  2. Hello mc !

    Simply connect the IDE cable to both drives, and make sure to make one
    Master and one Slave.
    ( There are jumpers on the drives allowing you to select this. Chances are,
    they are already set if they have been paired before. )
    ( Probably goes without saying that you match up the "red line" to pin one,
    right ? :) )

    That's all you have to do. No other cable ( other than the power cables of
    course ) are required.

    Make sure you place the other end of the IDE cable on the PRIMARY connection
    on the motherboard, assuming you do in fact have a primary and secondary.
    Early IDE connections were a little tricky, and some were not ATAPI
    compliant. ( making the connection of a CD-ROM drive real interesting on the
    secondary
    connection. :) )

    Have fun !

    bobwatts