    (more than the electronic scrap guy pays) plus shipping, let me know and
    I'll test.

    I can probably scare up a 200MHz CPU to put in, also... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 30, 2009

  2. Hi Ben

    Does the motherboard have a VR for MMX CPU's ?
    DIMM slots ?

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Aug 30, 2009

  3. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    No separate plug-in VR, but I need to squint at the jumpers to see if
    there is a 2.8v MMX setting.

    No DIMM sockets. Only 4x 72-pin SIMMs... Ben

    Ben Myers, Aug 30, 2009
  4. Hi Ben !

    Never saw a PB with plug in VR, just the soldered on kind with "bolt on"
    heat sink.
    OK, thanks for looking and your response Ben. I appreciate your efforts.

    Keep PB alive !

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Aug 30, 2009
  5. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Bob,

    Board shows no evidence of a VRM, and there are no jumpers to set the
    voltage down to 2.8v. It appears to be capable of handling only Pentium
    CPUs, but if a Pentium MMX OverDrive can be found, it would work.

    Haven't tested it yet. Won't do so unless someone expresses interest in
    it, assuming, of course, that it is a working board. Any takers?

    This is a good quality board manufactured for PB by a reputable company,
    Intel. The D130 must have been expensive in its day... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 1, 2009
  6. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    No interest? If nobody is interested by the end of the week, the board
    gets stripped and sent to the electronic scrapper. This would be an
    inglorious end to one of the best of the LPX boards ever used by PB.
    Soon after, PB moved to ATX and microATX with the Pentium II... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 4, 2009
  7. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Scrapped... Ben