    Web Edition?

    Regards,

    Gary.

    DamFoo, Oct 16, 2006

  2. DamFoo

    pen Guest

    There won't be unless you have someone build one for you. What is the
    problem with a cheap server? Dell's for example is only $450 for a
    server that is merely a regular computer dressed up.
    http://www.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/tower_lo?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

    pen, Oct 16, 2006

  3. DamFoo

    philo Guest

    philo, Oct 17, 2006
  4. DamFoo

    Taku Guest

    BSD or Linux of PC Unix may be cheaper than that server.

    Taku, Oct 18, 2006
  5. DamFoo

    thewebroach

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, I'd agree also a different server than Microsoft's Server 2003 would be recommended. I've used it and I wasn't particularly impressed by it, however if your heart is set on it, just buy a system without an OS preinstalled, buy Server 2003 and install it yourself. If it came preinstalled you'd be paying them additional for the software of the OS anyway, and if you really want Server 2003 but no one is offering it, then just pick it up yourself at your local merchant The install is very self explanatory and will walk you through everything, just like any other Microsoft OS install. Chances are if you ask around locally you'll find someone who has an extra copy or two and can give ya a deal on it, instead of paying top dollar to dell or HP.

    thewebroach, Nov 1, 2006