PC Probe saw lower than 3.0v in my new pc... comments please?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Pat, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Hi folks,
    haven't built a system since my ABIT-BH6, so I am a little behind on
    things.

    I just built the following:

    Asus P4c800-E
    Corsair 3500C2 512 x2
    Powmax 500W power supply
    ATI Radeon 9700 TX (unfortunately not the -30 part#)
    2 CD drives
    2 hard drives
    no other power drawing components except for 4 fans.

    PROBLEM:
    I ran PC Probe and saw my 3.3 voltages fall below 3v (2.8/2.9v a
    couple times, lasting at least a few seconds each)
    and it otherwise seems to run steady at around 3.0 volts.

    Is this normal voltage in a running system or do I need to exchange my
    PS?

    Thanks very much for any comments.
    Pat

    Pat, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Pat

    Terry Guest

    Rev. 2.01 of the ATX specification calls for a tolerance of +/- 4% on the
    3.3 volt rail. All other tolerances are +/- 5%. Anything below 3.135 is out
    of spec.

    Terry, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Pat

    Pat Guest