PC Reboots continually -- help please.. with MBoard details !

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Paul Rainer, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. Paul Rainer

    Paul Rainer Guest

    I have recently received back my ABit KD7 Raid mboard and rebuilt my
    computer at last. It appears that it had a fault which caused the
    Power Supply to be knocked out. I find now that my computer reboots
    (not shuts down) as if the restart button had been pushed. It does
    this a few times an hour so not acceptable really. Does anyone know
    where I might be able to start looking to find the problem. I really
    don't know. Power supply is new and the wall socket is fine too. Any
    help greatly appreciated.

    AMD Athlon 1333
    512 Crucial RAM
    Creative Live Soundblaster
    Radeon 9000 Atlantis Pro Graphics
    4 x HDs Various
    Abit KD7 Raid

    Paul

    Paul Rainer, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Check temps!!

    SpeedyGonzales

    SpeedyGonzales, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Paul Rainer

    bill Guest

    Hello are you running xp.
    if so i believe it restarts on any errors check your event log
    bill

    bill, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Paul Rainer

    rms Guest

    Raise AGP voltage 1 notch.
    Get latest Live drivers
    latest chipset driver
    disable 'cpu disconnect' if you have that option

    rms

    rms, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Paul Rainer

    chris Guest

    Exactly what ram are you using? You may have the timings set too
    aggressive. Overclocking the (old?) athlon (thunderbird/xp?) too much, say
    going straight from a 133fsb to a 166fsb without upping the vcore or without
    suitable cooling cane make a pc reboot as soon as windows has loaded.

    You are using a soundblaster live card, have you disabled the onboard 5.1?

    chris

    chris, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Paul Rainer

    Chip Guest

    There's a virus that does this. It may not be the problem in your case, but
    its worth checking.

    Chip

    Does anyone know

    Chip, Dec 1, 2003
  7. Paul Rainer

    Chip Guest

    Just remembered, its the "MSBlaster" virus. I don't know if this helps.

    Chip, Dec 1, 2003