    both..I switched the system in DOS mode .There too it restarted after
    15 minutes

    Please help........

    Narendra, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Narendra

    alordofchaos Guest

    When it restarts, is it off for a while, or does it shut down and
    restart right away? What kind of PC (motherboard, processore, etc)?

    It's hard to guess/diagnose without more info, and hard to do even with
    more details, but first I would check to make sure all fans are running
    and the processor is not overheating.

    alordofchaos, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Narendra

    les Guest

    In DOS mode? You mean in emulated DOS, or real DOS?
    I could consider some virus in both OS's, especially when including
    emulated DOS. Or a power supply frizting out, maybe the BIOS having
    some glitch......

    les, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Narendra

    gamefreak301 Guest

    Make sure that your heatsink ismounted securely onto your processor and
    make sure the fan is spinning. Check that you have enough thermal
    grease and make sure there arn't any bent slots on the heatsink.

    gamefreak301, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Narendra

    Kolja Guest

    Boot up and go to BIOS. If you have processor temperature sensor,
    observe it, many motherboards will turn off or restart system if the
    temperature is too high. You may also have some background program
    installed, or even one that you're aware of, which monitors temperature
    (like MBM), and maybe it's configured to restart system when
    temperature is too high. Also, some programs may have glitches, so they
    may skip reading some sensor (it may be voltage sensor also) for just a
    milisecond, and if they are configured to restart after voltage error
    has been detected, that's it.
    There are many posibilities, and you should check for everything that
    has been written here (including viruses - consider installing
    anti-virus software :: recomendation - Kaspersky).

    Kolja, Mar 3, 2005