    Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. As always, thanks in
    advance.

    Blair

    Blair Wilson, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Blair Wilson

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    what problem did updating the bios on the 330 solve ? If it was purley
    because there was a newer version, revert back to what you had before. If
    it gave support for newer processors, and you are actually USING the newer
    processors, then I would say you should call IBM on that one. maybe they
    have a supported fix.

    however, if you updated the ServeRaid FW unnecessarily ( some of the older
    servers can only be updated so far), then you should go back and read the
    spex on the compatability of the FW/BIOS that you installed.

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Apr 11, 2004

  3. Blair Wilson

    Blair Wilson Guest

    Thanks NuTs for your feedback. Question, how do you install a older vrsion
    of the bios/firmware? I was unable to install bios version 3.50c. If you
    have any suggestions on this question, please share them with me. Thanks
    again.

    Blair

    Blair Wilson, Apr 11, 2004
  4. Blair Wilson

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    Did you DL and use the ServeRaid CD to flash the bios and FW ?

    You may need to DL the files to make a floppy to override the intelligence
    of the installer (that runs in Linux mode when you use ServeRaid).

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Apr 11, 2004
  5. Blair Wilson

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    NuT CrAcKeR, Apr 11, 2004
  6. Blair Wilson

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    Dude, I think you screwed the pooch.

    Checking this link:
    http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?template=/productpage/
    landingpages/productPageLandingPage.vm&brandind=8&familyind=50044&machineind
    =0&modelind=0&partnumberind=0&subcategoryind=0&doctypeind=9&doccategoryind=0
    &operatingsystemind=52873&validate=true&nextdocumentset=51

    I dont see an 3.50C for your server, just 46A :

    http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=GCOR-3BYCZH

    Sorry man, but things arent look really good for you art the moment.

    have your tried clearing the CMOS.. removing the cable from the CD, booting.
    shutting down, then putting it back on (so the bios will notice that its
    there between boots ?)

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Apr 11, 2004
  7. Blair Wilson

    Blair Wilson Guest

    NuTs,

    The 3.50c is bios update for ServeRaid, not the server itself. Here is the
    link for 3.50C.

    http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4LBRRG.

    I will continue to research my problem. I will try your suggestion on
    clearing the cmos, thanks again. I tried to install WinXP, while in W2K. It
    failed, got BSOD when "starting windows" appears. The raid is a raid5. 6
    disk total, 2 logical drives, I fat32, 1 NTFS. Istall maybe looking at wrong
    harddrive to boot off of. Any suggestions here? All are welcomed.

    Blair

    Blair Wilson, Apr 12, 2004
  8. Hello,
    http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4LBRRG.

    On this page, there is a .txt for the BIOS file. In it I fund this passage:

    NOTE:
    These files are for use only with an IBM ServeRAID II Ultra
    SCSI Adapter installed in an IBM Netfinity 7000.

    Are a Netfinity 7000 and a PC Server 330 the same??

    Ciao

    Gunnar

    --
    Bei Mails an mich bitte 'trashcan' in der Mail-Adresse
    mit meinem Vornamen ersetzen.

    On mails please replace 'trashcan' in my e-mail address
    with my first name.

    Gunnar Wieking, Apr 12, 2004
  9. Blair Wilson

    Blair Wilson Guest

    HELP NEEDED AGAIN!!!

    I moved the scsi cdrom from the raid controller to the adaptec scsi
    controller. I can boot from cdrom, but I can't install Windows XP. windows
    XP can not find the drives when it reboots. ServeRaid mini utility sees the
    raid-0 configuration. Any suggestions, ALL are welcomed.

    Blair

    Blair Wilson, Apr 14, 2004
  10. Blair Wilson

    Blair Wilson Guest

    Blair Wilson, Apr 14, 2004
  11. Blair Wilson

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    F6 during the XP setup sp that you can sepcify the serveraid drivers.

    you had the CDROM on the array controlle?

    tsk tsk...

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Apr 14, 2004
  12. Blair Wilson

    Blair Wilson Guest

    NuTs,

    Yes, my raid controller had the scsi cdrom attached to it. I have pressed
    F6 during Windows XP install and added the 6.11/3.50c serveraid drivers.
    Still, when XP tries to run setup it can't find the drives. Any suggestions
    there?

    Blair

    Blair Wilson, Apr 14, 2004
  13. Blair Wilson

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    you do have a vaild array container, do you not? You can boot from the
    serveraid CD and run the tool, or you can run the CLI mini config to get
    this. A simple raid 1 or raid 5 should suffice.

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Apr 15, 2004
  14. Blair Wilson

    Blair Wilson Guest

    Nuts,

    I moved the scsi cdrom from the raid controller to the adapted scsi
    controller, at that point I was able to boot from W2K cd and install W2K.
    I still was not able to install WinXP on this machine, so I am trying to put
    Solaris 9 x86 on it.

    Blair

    Blair Wilson, Apr 20, 2004