    me what's going on and what I can do about it?
    TIA.
    Eos.

    Eos, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Eos

    Ben Myers Guest

    Possibly a failing power supply. Possibly a failed cooling fan, either CPU or
    inside the power supply.

    Open up the chassis. See if the CPU cooling fan rotates freely. See if the
    power supply fan rotates freely. If one or the other is frozen up, replace it.
    Clean out the interior of the computer chassis and the power supply. A can of
    compressed air available from most office supply and computer stores has its
    detractors, but it has worked fine for me on hundreds of computers serviced
    here... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 26, 2005