    pulled the boot drive and put it in another PC and it checks out OK.

    Any thoughts, PSU, Video, BIOS?

    MB is an A8N SLI Premium.

    Bill Stock, May 6, 2008

  2. Bill Stock

    Ed Light Guest

    Ed Light, May 6, 2008

  3. Bill Stock

    Bill Stock Guest

    Yeah, there's a good breeze coming out of the PSU. It's a Seasonic less than
    two years old.

    I removed all the cards and disconnected everything except the boot drive,
    but it still freezes midway through the boot screen. I guess I'll try
    another video card next and try to find some different RAM. I suppose it
    could be the BIOS, but I'm not getting checksum errors and I can navigate
    all the screens fine. I'll likely pull the board too, in the event it's a
    short in the case somewhere.

    Bill Stock, May 7, 2008
  4. Bill Stock

    Bill Stock Guest

    Turned out to be bad memory. Pulled one stick and the PC boots right up.
    Replacing the good stick with the bad stick and windows crashes with
    corrupt files. So I'm pretrty sure it's the memory and not the board.

    Bill Stock, May 7, 2008