    Will I get noticably better performance using DDR memory instead of PC133
    memory, Basically is it worth the extra cost to upgrade from PC133 memory
    to DDR memory. Thanks

    Joe Murphy, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Joe Murphy

    woody Guest

    10% - 15% gain in performance.

    woody, Jun 29, 2003

  3. I would say it is not worth your while. you might get a 10% increase, but
    not with anything you normally do. If you have no problem now, no point
    in upgrading. I had to do a bios upgrade for the DDr memory I bought
    before it worked on my K7S5a, and I saw no real improvement, though I hope
    I would see something when I do encoding

    Brian Campbell, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Joe Murphy

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:06:41 +0000 (UTC), In this world we created
    When I had an Abit/Via board Via implemented some new protocols that
    IMHO failed e.g Fast Writes and Side Band addressing for video cards
    however there was one hardware protocol that worked e.g RAM
    interleaving.
    This in effect allowed the banks of chips on the RAM to be used in
    parallel and gave my old PC 133 RAM double the speed and more than
    matched the speed of my now PC 133 DDR ram.This has now been renamed
    on some mother boards(Forget what it's called) but it's typical that a
    real benefit to PC users has been forgotten :/
    Just imagine the speed benefits for multi-tasking on my now 765 meg of
    DDR ram :O

    Shep©, Jun 29, 2003