    Thank you in Advance

    Merci a l'Avance

    Martin

    Martin Racette, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Martin Racette

    dion_b Guest

    You were not correctly informed. PCI Express uses different voltages and
    communication protocols, no way will a PCIE card work in an old PCI slot.

    And even assuming somehow a bridge could be made, you do not want to put
    a high-end videocard on a bus that only supports 33MHz, 133MB/s bandwidth.

    dion_b, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Martin Racette

    Noozer Guest

    Not a chance... An AGP card goes into an AGP slot, a PCI card goes into a
    PCI slot and a PCIe card goes into a PCIe slot. Never the twain shall meet!

    Now... A PCI-X (PCI Extended) card can usually go into a PCI slot.

    Noozer, Nov 24, 2004
  4. Martin Racette

    Pen Guest

  5. Martin Racette